Ghostly Chicken & Pepper Pizza
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together 2/3 cup oil with next six ingredients. Reserve 3 tablespoons marinade for pizza. Add chicken to remaining marinade; toss in a shallow dish to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken mixture in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake until a thermometer reads 165°, 22-27 minutes. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook and stir peppers until tender, 4-6 minutes. Increase oven heat to 450°.
- Divide pizza dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Transfer one rectangle to a greased baking sheet. Brush reserved marinade over rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with chicken, peppers and cheese. Sprinkle with salt. Place second dough rectangle over pizza and pinch edges to seal. Using a kitchen scissors, cut out eyes and mouth. Cut bottom to form a jagged edge; pinch edges of dough to reseal. Brush with remaining oil.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 440 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 13, 2019
My daughter and I make this pizza all the time! Even when it is not Halloween season, we still make it into a ghost shape. It is delicious and the kitchen smells amazing when it is in the oven.