Ghostly Chicken & Pepper Pizza
My friendly ghost pizza won’t scare folks away from your dinner table. My family loves Halloween, so we like creating fun new recipes like this one. Fill it with whatever pizza toppings you like best.—Francine Boecher, Queensbury, New York
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together 2/3 cup oil with next six ingredients. Reserve 3 tablespoons marinade for pizza. Add chicken to remaining marinade; toss in a shallow dish to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken mixture in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake until a thermometer reads 165°, 22-27 minutes. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook and stir peppers until tender, 4-6 minutes. Increase oven heat to 450°.
- Divide pizza dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Transfer one rectangle to a greased baking sheet. Brush reserved marinade over rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with chicken, peppers and cheese. Sprinkle with salt. Place second dough rectangle over pizza and pinch edges to seal. Using a kitchen scissors, cut out eyes and mouth. Cut bottom to form a jagged edge; pinch edges of dough to reseal. Brush with remaining oil.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 440 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Ghostly Marinated Chicken and Pepper Pizza in Halloween Bookazine 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.