Cucumber and Hummus Boats
The refreshing combo of cucumber and hummus really brings this meatless meal together. It transports easily, making it a great option for weekday lunches. — Matthew Hass, Ellison Bay, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 6 medium cucumbers
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (14 ounces) roasted garlic hummus
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cut each cucumber in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Add garbanzo beans, tomatoes, cheese and olives to quinoa. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, honey, oil, garlic and pepper until blended. Pour over quinoa mixture; gently toss to coat. Spread about 2 tablespoons hummus inside each cucumber shell. Top each with about 1/3 cup quinoa mixture. Sprinkle with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 stuffed cucumber halves: 482 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 1026mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 11g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Mediterranean Stuffed Cucumbers in Fast Track 2019