I searched and searched for a recipe like this I couldn't find one so I made this one up.
- 1 pkg 2 layer pineapple upside-down cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 6 eggs
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 20 maraschino cherries chopped
- 3 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Whipped topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 10 inch spring form pan; set aside. In a bowl combine drained pineapple and brown suger then sprean in bottom of pan. In large bowl combine cake mix, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup oil, and 3 of the eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds scraping sides of bwl constantly. Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Pour over pineapple mixture.
- 2. In another bowl beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in granulated sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in remaining 3 eggs just until combined. Stir in chopped maraschino cherries. Pour over cake mix. Place cheesecake on baking sheet.
- 3. Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until center is set(top will be uneven and center may fall slightly as it cools). Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife loosen the cake from the sides of the pan. Cool 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool completely and refridgerate at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: serves 10
Reviews forPineapple Upsidedown Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2013
"The best cheesecake ever"