Kmart Sub Sandwiches
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
4 - 6-inch sub buns
1/4 - cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
1/4 - cup French's mustard
1/4 - head of lettuce (chopped VERY fine)
1/4 - white onion (sliced VERY thin... but NOT chopped)
4 - large tomato slices sliced to your liking (thin or thick)
20 - round dill pickle slices
4 - slices of Eckrich Beef Bologna (found in the pre-packaged deli meats)
4 - slices of Eckrich Cotto Salami (found in the pre-packaged deli meats)
4 - slices of America Cheese
1. Start by opening the buns *almost* all the way, however try not to break the side that's attached.
2. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise and the mustard until it is creamy, NOT lumpy.
3. With a small spatula or butter knife, spread a generous amount of the mayo/mustard mixture on BOTH open sides of the sub bun
4. Spread a thin layer of the finely chopped lettuce *ONLY* on the bottom open side of the sub bun.
5. Place 5-6 thinly sliced onion slices on top of the lettuce
6. Take one tomato slice and cut in in half. Place one half on the right side of the bun (on top of the onions) and place the other half of the tomato on the left side of the bun (on top of the onions).
7. Line 5 dill pickle slices along the bun (on top of the tomatoes)
8. Take one slice of Eckrich bologna and cut it in half. Place the two halves (side by side) on the top half of the bun (the side with nothing on it).
9. Take one slice of Eckrich Cotto Salami and cut it in half. Place the two halves (side by side) on the bottom half of the bun (on top of the pickles).
10. Take one slice of American Cheese and cut it in half diagonally and place them side by side on top of the Eckrich Cotto Salami.
11. Fold the sub buns together and wrap in plastic wrap or place in a zip-lock baggie. Allow to set 2-4 hours before enjoying!