First tasted this mac and cheese at a friend's surprise birthday party. His wife made it for the party as it was his favorite mac and cheese. Before the night was over, she gave out the recipe many times. I have, also, given out the recipe numerous times for every time I have made it. Even the best cooks out of my friends rave over how simple and good this mac and cheese is!
- 1 - 16 oz package spirals (I used about 3/4 of a 16 oz. package of elbows)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 - 10-3/4 can cheddar cheese soup -- undiluted
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray. Combine in crockpot the melted butter, half & half and cheddar cheese soup. Mix until smooth. Stir in cheese.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for only 2 - 3 minutes. Drain and add to cheese mixture. Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hrs.
- For creamier macaroni and cheese, add milk to mixture while cooking. Yield: serves 8