Chicken Wings Fricassee
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 12 chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, seasoned salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add wings; toss to coat evenly. In a large skillet, brown wings on all sides in oil. Add onions and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in water, salt and remaining pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 477 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1062mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Feb 18, 2019
Wings are one of the most expensive cuts, more than boneless skinless breasts on sale. And never throw out the tips, tbey add a richness and depth to a good broth. I would use legs and thighs, if not the whole chicken. Soundz yummo.
Jan 27, 2014
These were fabulous. Everyone raved about them.
Feb 21, 2011
I substituted chicken hindquarters for the wings to make a real he-man main dish. We all loved it. A definite keeper.
May 17, 2010
We have a very similar recipe here in PR but insted of water we use winw or beer.Even the name is the same-pollo en fricase-
Jan 28, 2010
I loved this recipe. It seems like it would be too plain, but it has so much flavor.