Cherry Cordial Cake Balls
Brandy and coffee add mild flavor to these scrumptious cherry cake balls. —Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 package fudge marble cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries without stems, well drained
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 cup canned chocolate frosting
- 4 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1-1/4 cups coffee, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Place cherries in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the brandy, preserves and remaining coffee.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and cherry mixture; beat well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container overnight before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cake ball: 200 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cherries 'n' Cake Cordials in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011
May 26, 2015
I made these for my Christmas cookie tray, but my husband couldn't stop eating them
May 14, 2011
These are awsome. I will make again and change up the flavors.
May 2, 2011
I THOUGHT THAT THIS RECIPIE WAS GREAT WOULD LOVE TO MAKE TONS MORE TIMES.