Cheese & Crab Brunch Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 English muffins, split
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- Spread mustard over bottom half of muffins. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with crab, lemon juice and zest. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Top with muffin tops; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, milk, mayonnaise, salt, cayenne and pepper. Pour over muffins; sprinkle with Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, onions and peppers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until set, 20-25 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, top with additional chopped green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 428 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 286mg cholesterol, 844mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Dec 24, 2015
I make this every year on Christmas Eve so I can pop it in Christmas morning. It's one of my favorite traditions in our house! It's delicious and the flavors work so well together. Wish I could eat this every day of the year! Also, I do not recommend using imitation crab meat, it throws the flavor way off, stick to lump crab as the recipe calls for.
Dec 30, 2012
I used imitation crab and it worked great.
Sep 3, 2012
We loved it! And it was so easy to make!
Jan 4, 2012
It was very easy to make and my family and friends loved it- made great leftovers too. Next time might add artichoke hearts and a little more cayenne pepper. Everyone added salsa or hot sauce to spice it up.