Blackout Peach Bread Pudding
I bake several times a week so my kids have homemade desserts. We lost power in a storm, so I used the grill to invent “blackout” pudding. —Augustina Zaccardi, Eastchester, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 potato dinner rolls, halved
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae syrup
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; refrigerate until assembling.
- Brush peaches with butter. Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes, turning once. Grill rolls, uncovered, until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes, turning once. Cool slightly. Cut peaches and rolls into 3/4-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and brown sugar; stir in bread cubes. Spoon into 12 well-greased, disposable aluminum muffin cups. Pour egg mixture into muffin cups.
- Grill, covered, over indirect high heat 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads at least 160°. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing. Serve with caramel syrup and, if desired, whipped cream.
Test Kitchen Tips
Originally published as Black-out Peachy Bread Pudding in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.