- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope Italian-style spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook and stir beef and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sauce mix, tomato paste and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 7-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Separate biscuits; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate to form a crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; fill with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese over top. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tebow Family Pizza Pie
Sort By :
"This is so delicious, my whole family loved it!! You could add other pizza ingredients but I made just as is and it was great. Thanks so much for sharing, it's a keeper."
"Eh. I don't really know how this is rated 5 stars, I make pizza burgers like this but just with sloppy joe sauce and on white sandwich bread or buns that are better. I have made this twice thinking I just did something wrong the first time, but it tasted the same so I was not as impressed as everyone else. I also use cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella and it makes it so much better. I think the best way that I have ever made this was I made some garlic cheddar biscuit mix instead of the canned biscuits to put on the bottom, used 2 cans of diced tomatoes in garlic, basil, oregano instead of the tomato paste and added onions to a little bit of butter to caramelize them and then to the meat. I also added pepperoni's to the meat while it was frying and then placed it on top of the garlic cheddar bread mix and used some shredded Italian cheese on the top, but even just the sloppy joe sauce instead of the tomato paste and adding cheddar cheese on top still makes a better dish than this one."
"This has quickly become a favorite in my house. We sometimes add other pizza "toppings" such as pepperoni, sausage, or mushrooms for variety. My son Michael often requests this on game day!"
"This is a family favorite recipe... Today I repurposed this recipe. I made the filling, folded in the cheese. Then rolled about a tablespoon each into egg roll wrappers and pan fried. Home made pizza rolls! They were a huge hit with my 4yr old!"
"Just made this tonight, and it is delicious! I omitted the bell pepper because we're a little sensitive to it, but it was still a keeper. I'd also browned my ground beef ahead of time, so it cut my prep time tonight in half. We will definitely be having this one again!"