Smothered Teriyaki Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 slices Muenster or Swiss cheese
- Saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet until tender. Stir in the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and ginger; heat through. Remove and keep warm.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Cook chicken in remaining oil in the same skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Top with mushroom mixture and cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Smothered Teriyaki Chicken Breasts(9)
Sort By :
This was pretty good... We don't like mushrooms so I didn't use them and doubled up on the onions instead. Like another reviewer said, it was a little on the sweet side so I might cut back or leave out the sugar next time. Thought the cheese would be odd paired with Asian food but I used it and ended up liking it. Overall the family enjoyed it and the house smelled wonderful while it was cooking.
I have made this twice so far. It is quick, easy and really good. Great flavor and everyone likes it. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
I did not care for this recipe. It is a little too sweet for me. Also the sauce is very thin and runs off the chicken. It would be better if it was thicker.
I had company and served this easy, simple recipe .... delicious!
I make this last evening for company and it was a hit! Everyone thought it looked and tasted like something you would get at a fine restaurant! Since it is summer, I grilled the chicken breast, then put it in a pan, topped with the sauce & cheese, and popped it in the oven for just a few minutes to melt the cheese. My husband loved it!!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >