- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup crushed peppermint or spearmint candies, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/3 cup crushed candies. Repeat with chocolate chips and an additional 1/3 cup candies. Alternately drop spoonfuls of chocolate and white chocolate mixtures onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Using a metal spatula, cut through candy to swirl and spread to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies.
- Refrigerate until firm. Break into pieces. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: about 1 pound.
Reviews for Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Sort By :
"Tastes great, but the white chocolate didn't melt well so it looks ugly."
"It was horrible, I hated the outcome. It was breaking apart and not even the right texture. I would rate it '0' stars if I could."
"Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! I prepared this 12/9/13 and I think it's GREAT! I did make adjustments to the recipe-I used 14-oz. package of vanilla wafer disks, melted in a double boiler over hot water, then I melted 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips (12-oz.) with 1 Tbsp. vegetable shortening & stirred until melted and smooth. I used a total of 1 cup of crushed Starlight green and red mint candies-1/3 cup for each flavor and the balance for sprinkling on top! I alternated the vanilla and chocolate spoonfuls on the waxed paper-lined baking sheet and chilled for at least 2 hours! Then I broke the bark into pieces! This recipe is wonderful for the holidays and I plan to turn to this candy recipe again! delowenstein"
"Just made this new treat for my Christmas cookie tray. We LOVE it! I think I have to make another batch because my kids, and me too, have eaten a lot of it and I think these would make great gifts for my co-workers. Easy and yummy!"