- 6 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic salt to taste
- Coat a 2 qt. baking dish with cooking spray. Add zucchini and sprinkle with garlic salt to taste. Combine stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce and oregano; pour over zucchini. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese begins to brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Bake in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p53
Reviews for Tomato Zucchini Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2009
"My family loved this recipe. I have never seen my kids eat their veggies so fast. I will be making this again. M. Grisham Morrisville, Mo"