I love anything red velvet and recently won a contest using this recipe.
- 1 pound milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 9-ounce package chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 ounce carton sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1 ounce bottle red food coloring
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Hot fudge flavored ice cream topping, warmed (optional)
- 1. In a medium saucepan, combine milk chocolate and 1/2 cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a large food processor, combine cookies, semisweet chocolate, almonds, and brown sugar. Cover and process until nuts are finely ground. Add 1/2 cup melted butter; cover and process until combined. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and 2 1/2 inches up the sides of a 10 x 3-inch springform pan with a removable bottom.
- 3. For filling, in an extra-large bowl, combine melted chocolate mixture, cream cheese, sour cream, granulated sugar, buttermilk and food coloring. Beat with electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour filling into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly.
- 4. Place sprinform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven about 1 hour or until a 2-inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken.
- 5. Cool pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small knife, loosen crust from side of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours befor serving. If desired, serve with ice cream topping. Yield: serves 20
Reviews for Red Velvet Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review