- 3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 14 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Chopped fresh chives or green onions
- In a bowl, combine the hash browns, butter, salt and pepper. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of greased non-stick muffin cups. Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, cook sausage according to package directions; cut into ½-inch pieces. Divide sausage among muffin cups. Combine the eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon over sausage. Sprinkle with chives. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until set.
- Option: This recipe can be doubled to make jumbo breakfast muffin cups. Press hash brown mixture into 12 greased jumbo non-stick muffin cups. Bake crust for 12 minutes. Fill cups and bake 22-24 minutes longer or until set. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Amazing Muffin Cups(3)
Sort By :
I forgot to click on the stars to rate this. So Here I am again.
My husband and I have a flock of domestic ducks. We get a lot of eggs especially in the summer. I am always looking for recipes that use lots of eggs and are easy to prepare.
My husband Ken really enjoyed this dish. Baking this in muffin tins is a great idea for individual servings.
Easy to make, store and reheat. These are very delicious! Another great thing about them is portion control.