Buttermilk Biscuit Mix Recipe
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk blend powder
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/3 cups shortening
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 2. Buttermilk Biscuit Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes: Bacon 'N' Egg Biscuits, Quick Chicken Pie, Creamy Cheesecake Squares, Beef Pinwheels with Gravy, Cheese Pizza and Pigs in Biscuits. Yield: about 13-1/2 cups.
1 each: 159 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
"I never buy Bisquick anymore. I always keep this mixed up and in my freezer. I never buy pancake mix either. Everyone says I make the best pancakes. Well, this is my secret"
"Good to have on hand."
"I have made this three times so far and it is unbelievable easy in my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. The mix is extremely versatile to use."