Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
In Hartland, Minnesota, Katie Koziolek stirs up a big batch of this versatile biscuit mix to use in dozens of recipes, including the six she shares here. "This mix is easy to make, handy to use and save money," she promises.
54 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk blend powder
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/3 cups shortening
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cut in the shortening
- until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place
- for up to 6 months.
- Buttermilk Biscuit Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes
- (also found in Recipe Finder): Bacon 'N' Egg Biscuits, Quick Chicken
- Pie, Cheesecake Squares, Beef Pinwheels with Gravy, Cheese Pizza and
- Pigs in Biscuits. Yield: about 13-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 159 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.