Slice 'n' Bake Lemon Gems Recipe
Rolled in colorful sprinkles, these melt-in-your-mouth cookies are pretty enough for a party. I make a lot of them for holiday cookie trays. (Complete your cookie tray with Chocolate Pretzel Rings.) —Delores Edgecomb, Atlanta, New York
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup colored nonpareils
- LEMON ICING:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon peel. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape into a 1-3/4-in.-diameter roll; roll in nonpareils. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients. Spread over cookies. Yield: 28 cookies.
1 cookie equals 102 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC