Zucchini Tomato Frittata Recipe
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, cottage cheese, onions, basil, pepper flakes and reserved tomatoes; set aside. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the zucchini, broccoli and red pepper in oil until tender. Reduce heat; top with reserved egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- 3. Uncover skillet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice: 138 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Zucchini Tomato Frittata
"This is so full of great flavors and is so colorful when it comes out - I have made this twice now and like it better every time ."