“ ‘Frittata’ is Italian for ‘omelet,’ and this dinner entree is packed full of veggies. Egg substitute and low-fat cheese lighten it up, making for a healthy meal. It’s great for a quick late-night bite.” Kim Sosebee - Cleveland, Georgia
Recommended: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, cottage cheese, onions, basil, pepper flakes and reserved tomatoes; set aside.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the zucchini, broccoli and red pepper in oil until tender. Reduce heat; top with reserved egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Tomato Frittata in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p53
Reviews forZucchini Tomato Frittata
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2017
"This is so full of great flavors and is so colorful when it comes out - I have made this twice now and like it better every time ."