Zesty Basil Chicken Recipe
The combination of fresh basil and other seasonings gives this chicken a wonderful aroma. It's a real crowd-pleaser at picnics and potlucks...folks always come back for seconds!
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 chicken breast halves (bone in), skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Combine butter, basil, onion, garlic and salt if desired; mix well. Rub pepper and lemon pepper into chicken. Brush with butter mixture. Grill, covered, over medium-low coals, turning and basting frequently, for 30-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 303 calories, 19g fat (0 saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Zesty Basil Chicken
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC