The combination of fresh basil and other seasonings gives this chicken a wonderful aroma. It's a real crowd-pleaser at picnics and potlucks...folks always come back for seconds!
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 chicken breast halves (bone in), skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine butter, basil, onion, garlic and salt if desired; mix well. Rub pepper and lemon pepper into chicken. Brush with butter mixture. Grill, covered, over medium-low coals, turning and basting frequently, for 30-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Basil Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p95