White Rice Bread Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup cooked white rice, cooled
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Pat rice with paper towels until dry. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add rice. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
1 slice: 102 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for White Rice Bread
"I add the rice in earlier. The in-laws request it often!!!"