If you like potato bread, you're sure to enjoy this soft moist specialty shared by Lorraine Dallmann from Thief River Falls, Minnesota.
Recommended: 27 Christmas Pudding Recipes for the Holiday Season
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup cooked white rice, cooled
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Pat rice with paper towels until dry. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add rice. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as White Rice Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p58
Reviews forWhite Rice Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2009
"I add the rice in earlier. The in-laws request it often!!!"