Toasted Coconut Pudding Recipe
I decided to jazz up homemade vanilla pudding to make it taste like a Mounds candy bar. When the miniature chips are topped with the warm pudding, they melt into a rich creamy chocolate that's great with the chewy coconut.JoAnn Moseman, Altus Air Force Base, Oklahoma
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk and egg yolks until smooth. bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla.
- 2. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons each of coconut and chips into dessert dishes. Top with pudding mixture and remaining coconut and chips. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 365 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Toasted Coconut Pudding
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC