VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk and egg yolks until smooth. bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons each of coconut and chips into dessert dishes. Top with pudding mixture and remaining coconut and chips. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Toasted Coconut Pudding in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p14