Three Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1. In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine beans; set aside. In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; drain. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet; mix well. Stir beef mixture into beans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 267 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 7g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Three Bean Casserole
"Have not yet had chance to make. Sounds terrific for winter time."
"This dish has a lot of tang and zip. A little bit too much for our liking. More on the sour side of sweet and sour."