- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a 2-1/2-qt. casserole, combine beans; set aside. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; drain. Add remaining ingredients to skillet; mix well. Stir beef mixture into beans. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forThree Bean Casserole
"I think I first pulled this recipe from a magazine and then lost it, so I googled the ingredients and found the exact recipe. I made this for dinner tonight for my mom and myself. We both liked it. I usually end up changing something about a recipe, but I made this exactly as the recipe said to. We ate the beans on top of buttered rice. Yum yum!"
"Have not yet had chance to make. Sounds terrific for winter time."
"This dish has a lot of tang and zip. A little bit too much for our liking. More on the sour side of sweet and sour."