Tangy Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Place chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with pepper. Add the onions, celery, green pepper and tomatoes. Combine the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and bouillon; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop: 349 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Pork Chops
"I have been making this recipe for years, and everyone in my house ( 4 now teen boys) is thrilled when they smell it cooking. They love the sweet/tangy taste, and request it often. Best part is that it's SOOOOO easy to make!! This will remain a staple in my meal plan for the foreseeable future. Love it!!!!!!"
"I fixed this and everyone loved it!!"
"Neither my husband or I were impressed by this recipe. He does not like "all that junk" on his meat. It is too hard to eat. I will not make these again. I had to add extra corn starch to thicken the sauce."
"I did not care for this at all. I followed the recipe exactly, but the finished dish had a strong vinegar taste. I would not make this again nor would I recommend it.I reheated the leftovers after a few days in the refrigerator and it was better. The strong vinegar taste has gone away and the flavors have blended a little better. It was ok but not great."
"Flavor was good, but the pork chops were overdone."
"Make them all the time,we loved them"
"The pork chops turned out pretty tough, but it was really good."
"We won't be making this one again. The pork chops were still somewhat tough after cooking for the allotted time. The flavors weren't interesting enough either. My husband and I agreed that this was not a keeper."
"I didn't have the veggies on hand, so I just mixed and used the sauce. My kids (8 and 4 -- both picky eaters) absolutely LOVED it. First time in ages both of them have cleaned their plates."