Sweet Orange Croissant Pudding Recipe
Time-crunched cooks are sure to appreciate the make-ahead convenience of this delightful dish. Feel free to replace the orange marmalade with any jam or jelly that suits your taste.—Mary L. Gabriel, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 4 croissants, split
- 1 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Spread croissant bottoms with 3 tablespoons marmalade; replace tops. Cut each croissant into five slices; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Whisk together next four ingredients, orange peel, if desired, and extract; pour over croissants. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Place dish in a larger baking dish. Fill larger dish with 1 in. of boiling water.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Remove pan from water bath; cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Brush remaining marmalade over top. Cut and serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 416 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Orange Croissant Pudding
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC