Time-crunched cooks are sure to appreciate the make-ahead convenience of this delightful dish. Feel free to replace the orange marmalade with any jam or jelly that suits your taste.—Mary L. Gabriel, Las Vegas, Nevada
Recommended: 32 Recipes For Your Baking Bucket List
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 croissants, split
- 1 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Spread croissant bottoms with 3 tablespoons marmalade; replace tops. Cut each croissant into five slices; place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, orange peel if desired and extract; pour over croissants. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Place dish in a larger baking dish. Fill larger dish with 1 in. of boiling water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from water bath; cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Brush remaining marmalade over the top. Cut and serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Orange Croissant Pudding in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p28