- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak or beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, cook beef and onion in butter over medium heat, until meat is browned. Stir in the water, milk, tomato paste and bouillon. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 2. Combine evaporated milk and flour until smooth. Gradually add to soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Add noodles; cook until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream.
1 cup: 314 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 935mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Jan 29, 2016
Made this on a cold night left out beef bouillon it turned out great had Texas toast with it. Will have again.
Jan 2, 2011
Very good really enjoyed it!!!