- 1/2 pound sirloin steak or beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat, cook beef and onion in butter until meat is browned. Stir in water, milk, tomato paste and bouillon. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender. Combine evaporated milk and flour; stir until smooth. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add noodles and heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forStroganoff Soup
"Made this on a cold night left out beef bouillon it turned out great had Texas toast with it. Will have again."
"Very good really enjoyed it!!!"