Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, diced
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeno peppers, minced*
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine strawberries, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Stir in lime juice, garlic and oil. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Serve with cooked poultry or pork or as a dip for tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 each: 38 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Strawberry Salsa
"served this at a family get-to-gether and bowl was empty before I could finish putting the dish together.Not only where the chips used but some used crackers as well as celery stalks.This really a all purpose salsa and eassy to put together!!"