This deliciously different salsa is versatile, fresh-tasting and colorful. People are surprised to see a salsa made with strawberries, but it's excellent over grilled chicken and pork and as a dip with corn chips. -Jean Giroux, Belchertown, Massachusetts
Recommended: 55+ Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, tomatoes, onion and jalapenos. Stir in the lime juice, oil and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with cooked poultry or pork or as a dip for tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Strawberry Salsa in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p27
Reviews forStrawberry Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2011
"served this at a family get-to-gether and bowl was empty before I could finish putting the dish together.Not only where the chips used but some used crackers as well as celery stalks.This really a all purpose salsa and eassy to put together!!"