Shrimp Crepes Recipe
Several years ago, I came up this recipe when I was experimenting with my new crepe maker. It was a hit with the whole family and now appears on many special-occasion menus. —Donna Bartlett, Reno, Nevada
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 envelope bearnaise sauce
- 1. In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Add flour; beat until smooth. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover the bottom. cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, add butter to skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 2. For filling, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add broccoli, onions, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 7-9 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove mixture from the pan and set aside. Add the shrimp, wine or broth, and remaining garlic and Worcestershire sauce to the pan. Saute until shrimp turn pink, about 4 minutes. Return broccoli mixture to skillet.
- 3. Spoon filling down center of crepes; roll. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, prepare bearnaise sauce according to package directions. Serve over crepes. Yield: 8 servings (16 crepes).
2 each: 238 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 208mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Crepes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC