Seven-Layer Gelatin Salad
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water; stir. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until set but not firm, about 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir in milk and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Spoon 1-2/3 cups creamy gelatin mixture over the first flavored layer. Chill until set but not firm. Prepare remaining flavored gelatin as directed for cherry gelatin. Alternately layer flavored gelatins with creamy gelatin layers, allowing each to set before adding next layer. Top with lime gelatin. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares.
1 piece: 222 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 21, 2018This is delicious. I followed the recipe as written. I did put the third layer on before it was set enough so my yellow and white mixed but that was my mistake. The rest of the layers I made sure the jello was cold and waited longer before repeating layer. The next time I won’t be afraid to let it completely set.
Feb 13, 2016
I made this for the first time yesterday for my grandchildren and it was not just delicious, but so pretty .
Oct 27, 2009
My aunt made this recipe in a spring-form pan, it was completely set and removed it from the pan, she iced it with Cool Whip. Decorated it like a cake. It looked and tasted terrific.
Jun 8, 2008
I used to have this recipe, but lost it. I'm so glad to find it! Everyone loved it, it's not only delicious but a colorful addition to any menu.