- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- In a bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water; stir. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until set but not firm, about 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir in milk and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Spoon 1-2/3 cups creamy gelatin mixture over the first flavored layer. Chill until set but not firm. Prepare remaining flavored gelatin as directed for cherry gelatin. Alternately layer flavored gelatins with creamy gelatin layers, allowing each to set before adding next layer. Top with lime gelatin. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forSeven-Layer Gelatin Salad
"I made this for the first time yesterday for my grandchildren and it was not just delicious, but so pretty ."
"My aunt made this recipe in a spring-form pan, it was completely set and removed it from the pan, she iced it with Cool Whip. Decorated it like a cake. It looked and tasted terrific."
"I used to have this recipe, but lost it. I'm so glad to find it! Everyone loved it, it's not only delicious but a colorful addition to any menu."