Seasoned Lemon Chicken
"This herbed chicken has been a family favorite since I clipped the recipe out of a newspaper some years ago," writes Mrs. Pat Miller of Joplin, Missouri. "It's often on our dinner table, since chicken is a staple in my freezer. If I'm out of lemon, I substitute a sprinkling of lemon pepper."
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each garlic salt, pepper, dried basil, tarragon and thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, bay leaves and seasonings. Add chicken. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Discard bay leaves. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange lemon slices over chicken. Drizzle with lemon juice. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
1 each: 207 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Jun 8, 2010
Delicious and so lowfat!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC