"This herbed chicken has been a family favorite since I clipped the recipe out of a newspaper some years ago," writes Mrs. Pat Miller of Joplin, Missouri. "It's often on our dinner table, since chicken is a staple in my freezer. If I'm out of lemon, I substitute a sprinkling of lemon pepper."
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each garlic salt, pepper, dried basil, tarragon and thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, bay leaves and seasonings. Add chicken. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Discard bay leaves. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange lemon slices over chicken. Drizzle with lemon juice. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Lemon Chicken in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p44
Reviews forSeasoned Lemon Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2010
"Delicious and so lowfat!"