Sausage Stuffed French Toast Recipe
Kids like to help stuff the sausage and cheese into the bread, so this is a good holiday treat. I serve it year-round for breakfast when we have guests or on special family occasions.
- 6 frozen Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Patties (about 7 ounces)
- 6 slices Italian bread (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 3 slices Muenster or brick cheese, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Maple syrup
- 1. Cook sausage according to package directions; cool slightly.
- 2. Cut a pocket in one side of each slice of bread. Fill pockets with sausage and cheese.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and sugar. Soak bread in egg mixture, about 1 minute per side. Cook on a greased griddle over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 276 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Stuffed French Toast
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC