Sausage Quiche Squares Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 10 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with cheeses, onion, chilies and jalapeno if desired. In a bowl, beat eggs and seasonings. Pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 8 dozen.
3 each: 80 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Quiche Squares
"Love this! I use spicy sausage and no salt as the other ingredients have plenty already. I have made these a few times. Always a hit!The spices clump together when mixed with the eggs, so next time I'll mix the spices separately and sprinkle over the casserole before pouring on the eggs."
"This is a hit with young and old. I have made this for family, friends and caterings. It is great for a party appetizer or a brunch buffet."
"I made this two more times with two different kinds of sausage, and I actually like it best with the ham I used originally."
"This was excellent. I substituted ham for the sausage(using up leftovers!) and cut it into dinner serving-sized pieces. I imagine it would be just as good as an appetizer."
"I mix all the ingredients together instead of layering them. Sometimes I bake it in muffin tins to make individual servings."
"Very good. Really enjoyed. Although had to cook a little longer than stated - center was still undercooked and had to nuke a bit after baking to firm up. but flavor was great!"
"I made this as an appetizer for a tea I was helping cater, but found that it also served great as a weekend brunch item. Will use this one again and again."
"I really enjoyed these. The flavors are wonderful and I'll be making this recipe over and over again."