Sauerkraut Stuffing Recipe
- 3/4 cup shredded uncooked potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the potatoes and onion in butter until onion is tender (potatoes will still be firm). Remove from the heat. Stir in the sauerkraut, parsley and seasonings.
- 2. Stuff chicken cavity; place on a rack in roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, at 375° for 2 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 3. Measure 3/4 cup of the pan drippings; pour into a saucepan. Combine water and flour; add to drippings. Cook and stir until gravy boils; boil 1 minute. Serve with the chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
12 ounce-weight: 624 calories, 37g fat (14g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 1062mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 52g protein.
Reviews for Sauerkraut Stuffing
"This stuffing taste wonderful with yhe shredded potatoes!! It's a keeper!!!"