- 3/4 cup shredded raw potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes and onion in butter until onion is tender (potatoes will still be firm). Remove from the heat. Stir in sauerkraut, parsley and seasonings; mix well. Stuff chicken cavity; place on a rack in roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, at 375° for 2 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm. Measure 3/4 cup of the pan drippings; pour into a saucepan. Combine water and flour; add to drippings. Cook and stir until gravy boils; boil 1 minutes. Serve with the chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSauerkraut Stuffing
"This stuffing taste wonderful with yhe shredded potatoes!! It's a keeper!!!"