Rolled Oat Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 2. Shape into two 1-1/2 in. rolls; wrap tightly in waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Cut into 1/2-in. slices and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 188 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Rolled Oat Cookies
"I made these over the years and everyone loves them. They're not all that sweet just plain good!!"