Rich N Creamy Potato Casserole Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Peel and grate potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese, 3 tablespoons butter, green onions, salt and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 292 calories, 19g fat (13g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Rich N Creamy Potato Casserole
"The famous Mormon funeral potatoes! ;) I make this often; one of my favorite recipes."
"I made this for the first time for Thanksgiving of this year and it was something my whole family loved. I will definatly be making this again.****special note I try to cut down on calories and fat intake as much as I can so i used Light sour cream and "healthier" butter. Next time I am going to use 2% cheese and see how it taste with all that. Wonderful recipe not matter what."
"This was a hit with my whole family. I would make it again!"
"We love potato casseroles. They fill the house with a wonderful aroma and this one is no different. It is very easy to make and will become a regular addition to our menu. Should go well with everything."
"THIS WAS SO GOOD WILL MAKE IT AGAN"