Quick Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
Quick Chicken Cacciatore from Marcia Hostetter of Canton, New York is a colorful and flavorful fast-to-fix main dish. Serve it with a crisp lettuce and tomato salad topped with your favorite bottled dressing.
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Cooked spaghetti or rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms in olive oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place the chicken breasts over the vegetables.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, chilies and seasonings. Pour over the chicken; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with spaghetti or rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Cacciatore
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2012
"Super easy and relatively tasty. Definitely a go-to when I'm short on time. Thanks for the recipe!"
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2011
"This is very tasty. The chicken ends up very juicy too."
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2011
"I've made this often over the last 15 yrs.. It is a family favorite.."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC