- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 1 can (15 ounces ) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Cooked spaghetti or rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms in olive oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place the chicken breasts over the vegetables. In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, chilies and seasonings. Pour over the chicken; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Serve over spaghetti or rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Chicken Cacciatore
"Super easy and relatively tasty. Definitely a go-to when I'm short on time. Thanks for the recipe!"
"This is very tasty. The chicken ends up very juicy too."
"I've made this often over the last 15 yrs.. It is a family favorite.."