Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 tablespoon biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1. In a bowl, combine pumpkin, milk and egg with a fork. Combine dry ingredients; add to bowl and stir just until moistened. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups. Combine streusel ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 131 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Muffins
"I love pumpkin and had high expectations so I doubled the recipe. While everything turned out beautiful, the muffin has no flavor. The only flavor contributing is the streusel topping. If you want flavor, try doubling the spices, but I don't intend to make again. I'll stick with my pumpkin bread recipes."
"I like how well these not-too-sweet muffins go with savory dishes, such as the 'Posse Stew' pictured. I often leave off the streusel topping, although that is very good too."
"To add a little variation to this I used a fine decorating tip and 'injected' cream cheese icing into each muffin while they were still warm."