- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 tablespoon biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, milk and egg with a fork. Combine dry ingredients; add to bowl and stir just until moistened. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups. Combine streusel ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forPumpkin Spice Muffins
"I love pumpkin and had high expectations so I doubled the recipe. While everything turned out beautiful, the muffin has no flavor. The only flavor contributing is the streusel topping. If you want flavor, try doubling the spices, but I don't intend to make again. I'll stick with my pumpkin bread recipes."
"I like how well these not-too-sweet muffins go with savory dishes, such as the 'Posse Stew' pictured. I often leave off the streusel topping, although that is very good too."
"To add a little variation to this I used a fine decorating tip and 'injected' cream cheese icing into each muffin while they were still warm."