Poppy Seed Tossed Salad
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1. Crush ramen noodles; discard seasoning packet. In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, lettuce, noodles, oranges and almonds; set aside.
- 2. For dressing, in a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, salt and mustard; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Serve with salad.
3/4 cup: 141 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 8, 2017
The best Poppy Seed Dressing ever! Always get rave reviews when I make this salad. Never any left. I did make one change used Chinese Noodles instead of Ramen and added fresh Strawberries.
Apr 23, 2014
Wonderful salad, but it's the DRESSING that makes it special. Everyone raved about it and wanted the recipe. The best salad dressing I've ever had.
Feb 24, 2013
Oh my gosh, this salad is so good, plus it's easy to make. I've made it for 3 different occassions within the past 2 months and so many people have commented how good it was and asked for the recipe. It's definitely a keeper for life!
Aug 25, 2012
Large quantity so I made the full dressing and half salad.
May 22, 2011
Easy to make and tastes wonderful. I used red onions so mine came out pink.
Feb 4, 2010
The first time I tried this salad was at church and asked for the recipe, and told me it was in taste of home website and founded it! It's really, really good! I'm not a big salad eater and this one it's my favorite. Thank you for a great recipe!
Dec 31, 1969
I make a smaller salad for 8 servings, I omit the iceberg lettuce and se only 1 package of spring mix salad greens. I also have added cut up chicken fora main dish salad. Use only the amount of dressing you like and put the rest ina container for later use.